Flying satisfies a basic human need: mobility. It’s impossible to imagine our way of life today without being able to travel by air. Cologne Bonn Airport would like to offer their passengers the possibility of showing ecological responsibility when they travel by air.
myclimate guarantees that at least 80% of all donations is invested directly in the climate protection projects. The rest is used for the administrative costs, which are kept to an absolute minimum.
Of course you can decide how much you want to donate. The emission calculator is simply there to give you a guideline and help you make your decision. You can make a donation that is higher or lower than the calculated value.
Contributions made to myclimate are tax-deductible in Switzerland and in Germany. More information on the tax deductibility status here.
Unfortunately, a refund is not possible. However, you can use the donation you have already made for your next flight.
myclimate guarantees that at least 80% of all donations is invested directly in the climate protection projects. In the case of small donations the remaining 20% is not sufficient to cover the administrative costs, such as credit card charges - therefore the additional 3 euros. 80% of the total donation still goes to the climate protection project.